MotherBirth: The heart & soul of pregnancy, childbirth & early motherhood
This six week group process teaches practical information combined with an exploration of your pregnant inner reality of dreams, feelings and intuitions to build your personal power for the journey ahead. Together we explore themes of self-nurture, dispelling fear, getting clear, enlisting support and letting go, as well as practical strategies for self-care during pregnancy, birth and new motherhood.
Along the way, you will unearth one or more personal power questions to guide you in your onward quest, as you prepare to birth the courageous, wise, and compassionate mother who you were born to be.
Who is it for?
This program is for any pregnant woman who wants to make the most of all her resources – inner and outer – to give her mother-self and her baby the best possible start to their life-long relationship.
What will you get out of it?
- Practical information to help you take care of yourself and your baby – through pregnancy birth and beyond.
- A fresh perspective on the major life transition you are going through – physically, emotionally, socially and spiritually.
- Permission to listen to your feelings, instincts and intuitions.
- Opportunity to identify and effectively address the fears and concerns that are most personally compelling for you.
- Meaningful, positive connection with other pregnant women who share your desire for an empowering experience of childbirth and motherhood
- ‘The Hub’, 24 Parry St, Fremantle
- Six Tuesday mornings 10am to 12pm – beginning end of April
- $300 paid in full upfront, or
- $80 booking fee plus 6 x $40 weekly instalments
- Six weekly two hour group sessions
- Minimum of 4 participants, maximum of 8.
By the end of our time together you will have had the opportunity to
- Identify the questions which are critical to your personal process of preparation, as well as some resources for getting your answers.
- Plan some simple practical strategies for taking care of your own and your baby’s wellbeing through the coming months.
- Reflect on your personal anxieties around pregnancy, birth and motherhood, and find creative ways to address them.
- Practice some techniques for clarifying your own values and desires as input to your personal decision-making.
- Get clearer about the kinds of support which are useful during childbirth and in the early weeks of parenthood.
- Review your personal support network.
- Identify some personal sources of strength and trust (spiritual nourishment)
- Use a symbolic process to release the emotional residue of past experiences and let go of fixed expectations.
Express an Interest in Future Events like This One